Preventive Physical Care
The veterinarians at Sandwich Animal Hospital focus on preventive medicine to keep your animals healthy, no matter their size.
The familiar saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” really does go a long way no matter the weight of the animal — both large and small animals benefit from preventive treatment.
Like humans, animals flourish in a positive environment that includes good nutrition, consistent exercise, good hygiene and regular check-ups.
Exercise and Nutrition:
- Maintains a healthy weight and a diet rich in nutrients
- Pet foods made for specific types of animals, at specific life stages
- Keeps digestive system and cardiovascular systems working properly
- Develops healthy muscle tone and movement
- Provides the right combination of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals for overall animal health
- Regular bathing as appropriate helps your pet stay comfortable and healthy
- Brushing helps pets shed their coats and feels good for them
- Parasite control with doctor-recommended products keeps fleas and ticks at bay
Dr. Julie, Dr. Casey and Dr. Adrien emphasize the importance of regular check-ups for your animals. They can:
- Help prevent disease
- Provide a non-threatening environment to get to know doctors
- Alleviate pets’ fears and gain owner’s confidence
- Facilitate early diagnoses and treatment of any health issues
- Keep pets healthy with immunizations at the right times
“We like to get to know our patients when they’re healthy so that they are comfortable with us when they need care or when special issues arise.”